Height - 41-42 cm, weight - 1800-1900 g.
By about 31-32 weeks, fetal presentation is determined. This is an important event that will largely determine how you will give birth.
In most cases, the child is positioned head down (cephalic presentation), in 4% of cases - with legs or butt down (breech presentation), very rarely lies across or obliquely (transverse presentation).
Childbirth with a cephalic presentation of a child is the simplest and most natural. The child comes out, as it should be, head first and does not cause problems for mom and doctors.
In the case of breech presentation, labor is complicated. The doctor may decide to have a caesarean section. A situation would be considered risky for vaginal delivery if:
- There are developmental pathologies, childbirth occurs early or there is an umbilical cord entanglement;
- Baby's weight is either very small or very large;
- Mom is not healthy, her age is more than 30 years and there were problems with pregnancy and gestation, the uterus has abnormalities, the size of the pelvis is less than normal;
- A boy is expected (for them, breech delivery leads to additional stress on the genitals).
Even if a decision is made about natural childbirth, the doctor can send a woman for a cesarean section at any time if he sees a risk for the baby. If a woman herself seeks a caesarean section, the doctor has no right to refuse her.
Delivery in the transverse or oblique position of the fetus always occurs by caesarean section. In the old days, obstetricians of such children were unrolled manually, since there was no other way out - a cesarean section was too risky.
But imagine what hellish pain a woman must have experienced in the absence of anesthesia! Doctors now recommend a cesarean section, which is much safer for both mother and baby than a natural delivery with transverse presentation.
Is it possible to try to turn the baby out of the transverse presentation using special exercises before delivery? Yes, you can. Lie on a hard surface and lie for 10 minutes either on the right or on the left side. The exercise is done 3 times a day for 3-4 sets. Then the baby, perhaps, will try to lie down more comfortably and turn over.
The volume of amniotic water is a liter. They are renewed every three hours, therefore, despite the fact that it is in the amniotic fluid that the baby's urine is excreted, they are always clean.
The baby begins to receive immunoglobulins and actively form antibodies, which will protect him from infections in the first months of life.
The intensity of the child's movements will decline from this week - he has grown too big. Listen to his movements - you will feel that now they have become different. And he began to sleep more - 90-95% of the time. Well, right! We need to accumulate strength for childbirth.
The kid got hairs on his head, and wrinkles disappeared from his face - now he has become the very child whom you will very soon see in reality. If you will do an ultrasound scan, ask to print you a photo where you can see the baby's face; after a few weeks it will be very interesting to compare it with the original, peacefully sniffing in the crib. Indeed, there is a great deal of similarity.
At 32 weeks, boys' testicles usually descend into the scrotum. However, in about 3% this occurs only after childbirth.
The average weight gain this week is about 11 kg. The height of the fundus of the uterus is 32 cm. You plan to visit the doctor again and take the usual tests: general blood and urine tests, as well as repeated tests for HIV, hepatitis and smears for genital infections.
The child rests his heels under your ribs, it makes it difficult to breathe, it is difficult to bend down, it is difficult to sit, and even when the heir or heiress decides to kick, literally everything becomes difficult!
Never mind, be patient, very soon you will remember these kicks as one of the most pleasant sensations in life, better than which is only, perhaps, the feeling of your baby's breath on his skin when he sleeps in your arms.
One of the funniest things to see these weeks is your navel. On a growing belly, it gradually becomes completely flat, and then begins to protrude forward and resembles a button.
You may feel that if you sneeze too much or laugh out loud, you will certainly give birth. This is due to the fact that the baby's head rests down, at the junction of the pelvic bones, the ligaments between which are already weakened.
It really seems to you that there is still not much and you "will not hold". But don't worry, the baby still fits perfectly inside you, and your uterus, bones and ligaments are not yet ready for childbirth. So sneeze to your health!
Sit less. Walk, swim, at least just walk from time to time around the apartment from corner to corner or change your position from sitting to lying down and back. Keep your legs raised to prevent edema and varicose veins.
Your feet may be swollen, so put aside all the shoes that are embarrassing for you, you may even have to buy a new pair - made of soft leather and not squeezing skin (slippers, sandals, soft sneakers).
It's time for you to start looking for a maternity hospital in which you want to give birth. Now a woman can give birth in any maternity hospital where she likes. They can refuse her only if there are no free places in the hospital (in this case, we are talking about free childbirth). Therefore, just in case, it is necessary to find not one, but several maternity hospitals.
From the 36th week, you need to decide exactly where you will go to give birth. From the same period, if you give birth for a fee, insurance companies conclude an insurance contract with you "for childbirth", i.e. attach you to a specific maternity hospital.
Therefore, by this time, you need to decide on the choice of the doctor you would like to give birth to, find reviews about the maternity hospital from those who have already given birth there, estimate whether the living conditions are suitable for you, the distance from your home, etc.
In the era of the Internet, finding a review of the hospital is not a problem. And in small towns where the Internet is not yet developed, word of mouth works well, so you can always find a source of information.
Of course, you can still change your mind a hundred times, but you need to find answers to at least the following questions:
- will it be a paid delivery (additional insurance) or will I give birth free of charge (i.e. upon presentation of the birth certificate)?
- do you have any complications during pregnancy (kidneys, blood pressure, heart, Rh-conflict and other horrors, about which we wrote so much in this pregnancy calendar).
- If there is something, then you need a maternity hospital specialized in this area. Your doctor from the ZhK should give you a referral to the special maternity hospital.
- a very important question when a maternity hospital closes for a wash. If the wash coincides with your expected due date (plus or minus two weeks), it is better to find another hospital.
Then you need to find out what the maternity hospital offers for the baby:
- is there a children's intensive care unit;
- together or separately are mother and child after childbirth. Now, in the overwhelming majority of cases, you will be in the ward with the child, but sometimes there are other options, you need to know about this.
- in this regard, it is necessary to find out how many places are in the ward. If you are there alone with a child - this is great, together with another mother and her child - it is quite tolerable, but if there are 4 or 6 mothers with children, you will be, to put it mildly, uncomfortable.
- is this maternity hospital focused on breastfeeding, or can your baby be supplemented with artificial formula?
Of course, now our doctors are focused on HB, but just in case, clarify this question.
It is also important to know about the concept of childbirth, which the doctors of the maternity hospital adhere to.
- how the rod block is equipped, whether it is possible to take a shower or a bath there during labor (this is important, as it can help you relieve pain).
- Do you have the opportunity, if you wish, to carry out a natural childbirth there without anesthesia, stimulation or piercing of the bladder, until what period or condition can you insist on this and the doctor will not interfere?
- what anesthesia is used;
- whether the baby is applied to your breast immediately after birth;
- can you refuse vaccinations for the baby if you do not want to do them;
- whether the presence of the husband at childbirth is allowed and what is needed for this (some maternity hospitals require a certificate of the absence of infections).
- Do you have all the medicines in the hospital or do you need to buy something of your own in advance?
Household important little things:
- the number of places in the postnatal ward, whether there are amenities in it;
- is it possible to bring your own things;
- are visits from relatives, the use of a mobile phone and a player allowed (this question is almost irrelevant, but it is better to ask it anyway).
If you give birth for free, then it is not in your will to choose the doctor with whom you will give birth: which shift you get into, you will get into this one. Therefore, we recommend that you inquire about which doctors work in which shift, just to be aware of who you are with.
If you pay for childbirth, the name of the doctor with whom the contract is concluded is recorded in the contract. Therefore, you need to know the answers to the following questions:
- will your doctor come to you, if you suddenly give birth not on his shift or at night, if not, then who will be replaced (if you are generally satisfied with such a situation as replacing the doctor)
- if the hospital is closed unscheduled (for example, an outbreak of infection, ugh three times), in which hospital will you be assigned?
- mobile, work, preferably your doctor's home phone number, so that you can contact him for advice if necessary.
Remember that the main thing when choosing a maternity hospital is not living conditions, but the doctors who work in it. It is better to spend three days without "amenities in the room", but get the qualified assistance of a highly qualified specialist.
31 weeks - 32 weeks - 33 weeks