Information leading to inevitable design changes comes to the developer when, and only when, the drawings are ready (often this law is formulated as follows: "We could not have said before!").
In simple cases, when the right and wrong ways are clearly visible, it is better to choose the wrong one in order to quickly begin to change the design.
The more harmless the change seems, the further its influence extends and the more drawings have to be redone.
If product development is nearing completion and real-world parameters are finally provided, they are so different from the ones you used in the calculations that it is easier to start over.
Usually, you don't need to worry about interference in advance - if it doesn't exist, someone will create it for you.
When working on any project, no dimensions can be set correctly after 4 hours. 40 minutes On Friday.
The correct result will be self-evident at 9 o'clock. 01 minutes Monday morning.
The part that the factory forgot to supply provides 75% of the supply. Having figured it out, you will easily find that the plant not only forgot to install it, but 50% of the time it did not produce it at all.
1. Delivery by truck, which usually takes one day, will take 5 days if you are waiting for this particular truck.
2. By adding two weeks to the unforeseen delays schedule, add another two weeks to the unexpected delays themselves.
Regardless of the units of measure used by the supplier or buyer, the manufacturer will use its own units of measure, which are converted to units of the supplier or buyer using strange and unnatural conversion factors.
1. In a problem of M equations, there will always be M + 1 unknown.
2. The most needed item or the most needed dose of information will be the least available.
3. As soon as you try all possible solutions and do not find a suitable one, there will be a solution that is simple and obvious to all other people.
The increase in the number of participants in the preparation of a late program only slows down the process.
Create a system that even a fool can use and only a fool wants to use it.
If a rope has one end, then it must have another.
You never succeed in doing one thing.
There is no better time than the present to put off what you don't feel like doing.
Any work worth doing was worth doing yesterday.
The more complex and ambitious a plan is, the more likely it is to fail.
Simple work is postponed, believing that there will always be time to do it later.
1. The tool kit is missing the exact wrench or drill you need.
2. Most operations require three hands.
3. Remaining nuts never fit into remaining bolts.
4. The more thoroughly the project is drawn up, the more confusion if something went wrong.
Measure with a micrometer. Mark with chalk. Chop off with an ax.
You cannot fix what is not broken.
Don't throw anything away.
The screwdriver holes are always half a millimeter smaller than necessary.
The correct size holes will be out of reach.
If the new machine is cheaper, the company will insist on repairing the old one.
If it is cheaper to repair an old machine, the company will insist on buying the latest model.
1. The main function of a developer is to create things that are difficult to produce and impossible to maintain.
2. The circuit component with the shortest life is placed in the least accessible location.
3. Any schematic must contain at least one obsolete part, two scarce parts and three under development.
1. The installation engineer will bring the project to the state of the art.
2. These changes will not be mentioned in the operating instructions.